Corporate and commercial
We advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial issues, helping clients through transactions and as part of ongoing risk management and regulatory compliance.
- UK and non-UK companies
- Finance institutions
- Private individuals
Issues we can help with include:
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts
- Advice on suitable legal structures to meet operational needs and minimise risk
- Establishing and winding up companies and LLPs
- Drafting and updating articles of association, LLP agreements, shareholder agreements
- Drafting and negotiating terms of business and commercial contracts including IT agreements
- Management of change including corporate restructures, employment issues including TUPE
- Buying and selling companies and businesses
- Dispute resolution
This Mauritius company supports infrastructure in developing countries by providing local currency guarantees in Africa and Asia. We managed the procurement of new fund managers, negotiated termination arrangements with outgoing fund managers, and negotiated agreements with new fund managers.
Renewable Energy Performance Platform (REPP)
Advised on the range of possible legal structures and established REPP as a non-charitable company limited by guarantee. Advised on articles of association, UK Government funding arrangements, commercial agreements including management services agreement, and provided ongoing governance and corporate support.
International Hydropower Association
Advised on group restructuring. Prepared agreements for transfers of operations to not for profit companies limited by guarantee. Advised on related staffing and intellectual property issues, novation arrangements, terms of business and risk management.